Re: [Anjuta-list] suggestions: .deb generator & editing

On 11 Aug 2001 17:59:36 +0200, Klas Lindberg wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Sorry for not participating in this project other than this comment. Time is an issue as always. Anyway. Suggestions in no particular order:
Asking features is also some kind of contribution :)

> 1. It would be really nice to be able to automagically generate .deb's from a project. That would rock my world :-)
Sure this is a good idea, we could do some rpm/deb packager. I think I
can put this on the TODO list.

> 2. The number one reason I put up with EMACS is its splendid buffer handling. Have two views of one buffer and any change to either view immediately shows in the other. Please put in support for this.
Hehe, everyone asks us : please embed a vi or an emacs :)

> 3. The editor is fragging dragging-a-dead-horse-around slow. It looks like I'm getting Scite as the default editing component, and while Scite has some nice features (such as block folding) speed is not one of them. Drop it or fix it.
Really, I think the scintilla widget is not _that_ bad. The problem is
that other widgets don't even have breakpoints support ... you
understand the problem ? At the beggining, we wanted the user to choose
its editor via Bonobo, but the features of other editors/widgets are
very poor face to scintilla. I'll try to contact the scintilla team to
see what they can do, but I don't think there's much sleep (3) calls in
their code :)

> And now some thank-you's:
>
> 1. I -love- to be able to detach windows from each others. I never understood why an IDE has to couple editing, class browsing and messages into one big window.
Original & nice idea from Naba.

> 2. Anjuta IDE is not cluttered with a gazillion visible option and command buttons. Keep keeping it small and simple. It's the way to do it :-)
I recently changed of computer, but I remember the time I had to use
800x600, sure it's cool. I think we'll continue this sort of objective.

--Stef