[anjuta-devel] Some problems

Hi all...

- I just tried a minimal, generic C project, and wanted to add the gtk3 library
  but could not (I needed a gtk3 project without all the extra, automatically
  provided code):

  Selected the target, clicked 'Add library', selected gtk+-3.0, then Add.
  I was then presented only with the option 'Cancel' ('Add' insensitive)
  I checked the Makefile.am, and the library was not added. Of course,
  pkg-config is installed, and works correctly.

  Update: I just checked the configure.ac file, and the library _was_ added there.
    As I tried the procedure twice, it was added twice there.

- There seem to be two syntaxes for AM_CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS:
  $(SOMEPKG_CFLAGS) and @SOMEPKG_CFLAGS@

  Anjuta seems to get completely confused about these and starts inserting
  $(SOMEPKG_CFLAGS) into other strings (like -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""$(pkgdatadir)"\")
  rendering the Makefile.in useless, and I have to edit it by hand.
  Note that this happens with a clean project from Anjuta, without any
  manual editing of the Makefile.am.

- I try to recommend Anjuta to my students (and usually succeed :)
  When I receive their submissions, I generally want to open them in Anjuta
  again - not just compile. Importing rarely works without doing some
  combination of autoreconf/automake/aclocal/autoconf. Is there any workflow
  to smoothen this process?

- For some reason I have not been able to pinpoint, a manual autoreconf in
  a terminal window is necessary ('Reconfigure project' checkbutton doesn't
  do the same).

I really appreciate Anjuta, and try to advocate its use... Just
sometimes, these little annoyances get in the way of the 'user
experience'.