Re: [anjuta-devel] Error while compiling Anjuta source

Hi Krita!

Please always keep the mailing list in CC - thanks!

In the editor window when we search a Text (Ctrl_f) like "Ty" and the
file has text "Td" , the string "Td" is matched and colored since it
has matched "T" of both the strings. But "Td" should not be colored as
it is not equal to the search string "Ty" even if some part of it as
matched "Td".

Yes, that looks like a valid bug to me indeed.

I have attached the modified file
plugins/document-manager/search-box.c. I Kindly request you to please
review this change and guide me what needs to be done further.

Your fix sounds good to me but it is far easier to review it, when you
fila a bug attach a patch to the bug report. There is more informatio on
git usage on https://wiki.gnome.org/Git but here are the basics:

* Assuming you checked out the anjuta repository from git and build it
* Edit the file for the bug fix (or just keep the file in case you
edited it already)
* Either choose the "Commit pane" in the git plugin and select the file
or type "git commit <filename>" (or -a instead of the filename for all
edited files) on command line and add a commit message. The commit
message does (by convention) start with the name of the module you are
working on and would in this case be something like

"document-manager: Fix bgo#123456 - <title of the bug>

Some more explanation what was fixed exactly...."

bgo stands for bugs.gnome.org and 123456 is the bug number. The first
line of the commit message is usually shown in the summary of commits
while everything after the newline is only shown in the details. I think
there is some more info in the HACKING document about it.

* Create a patch either using the git plugin again or with "git
format-patch -1" on the command-line. The -1 stands for the last patch,
so if you want to create multiple patch sets that would be -2 or -3.
Then a file 0001-your-commit-message.patch is created which you can
attach to the bug.

Thanks for your work - it is impressive how good you get used to the
code! :)