Re: [anjuta-devel] Adding some filtering mechanism for plugin

Hi!

First thanks for your work!

* In the profile file, you can add a filter element to keep only plugins
matching some attributes. If you don't have any filter element in your
profile file, by default all plugins are enabled. It looks like the
following:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<anjuta>
     <plugin name="File Loader" url="http://anjuta.org/plugins/";>
         <require group="Anjuta Plugin" attribute="Interfaces"
value="IAnjutaFileLoader"/>
     </plugin>
     <plugin name="Document Manager" url="http://anjuta.org/plugins/";>
         <require group="Anjuta Plugin" attribute="Interfaces"
value="IAnjutaDocumentManager"/>
     </plugin>
     <filter>
         <require group="Anjuta Profile" attribute="Editor" value="yes"/>
     </filter>
</anjuta>
With such profile, only the plugins containing Editor=yes in the group
Anjuta Profile in their description will be used. And at least both the
file loader and the document manager need it.

Sorry, I don't fully get this. Which plugins are loaded with this
profile?

* All this requires some changes in libanjuta and it will probably break
the backward compatibility. I think we have to put in place a different
version number for libanjuta and Anjuta to be sure that incompatible
changes are tagged correctly.

Version numbering is more about API and ABI stability - we provide none
of the currently for libanjuta. But we could if we want...

You can only select that you want with the filter element, you cannot
remove plugins, do you think it is enough?

I might be useful to restrict the set of plugins that can be loaded to
some group using the filter element. Explicitly removing loaded plugins
doesn't sound very useful to me.

Do you think, I need to keep the backward compatibility in libanjuta?

No :)