Re: [anjuta-devel] Vala and the new code-assistance architecture

Hi,

                  في ر، 06-06-2012 عند 20:40 +0200 ، كتب Moritz Lüdecke:
My point of view is the same as your. One plugin for one language and a
new plugin for clang. I mentioned this already in the mailing list, but
the consensus was to split the language-support plugins. At least I
perceived it so.

My understanding is that the consensus was to split the indentation part
from the other language support features as the indentation part could
be used by multiple plugins that have similar syntax (c++ and vala for
instance).

The vala plugin uses the settings of the cpp-java plugin including
preferences widget. So the vala plugin is dependent on the cpp-java
plugin. The vala plugin won't work without the cpp-java plugin or the
user cannot change his settings, because the preferences widget is gone
with the cpp-java plugin. The python plugin has nearly the same options,
so we can merge the preferences widget of these three plugins (cpp-java,
vala, python).

I've completely forgotten this :-)
But splitting the plugins further won't fix the problem. Thinking about
it, the best solution would be to put the configuration in some other
plugin, maybe the editor plugin (as it already provides means for code
completion). What do the others think?

My plan is to move each parser in a separate plugin. If this works,
I'll merge the completion code in an extra plugin. During my work I saw
that all plugins have an assistant part and this part is in my opinion
the best place to begin with merging the parser part.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you want to have a plugin for
completion that will use one of the parser plugins to do the completion?
That doesn't seem to be a good idea to me, since every language has some
specificities that make it difficult to do this in a single plugin.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Regards,
Abderrahim