[anjuta-devel] [Fwd: Project idea]

Sorry, just forwarding this as I don't have a reliable internet connection
atm.

Hi,

This is my short plan on the project I would like to work on Gnome Outreach
Programme for Women. Can you please go through it and give me necessary
feedback?

1.Extending Anjuta with online template space
It is desirable to extend the Project Wizard to the web space too. This
idea is also given as an extensibility feature under the Anjuta roadmap. An
online space where users can upload their wizard would be a really useful
feature.

[This shouldn’t take more than a week for implementing the web service]

2. Bugzilla Integration
Many of the IDE’s provide an easy way to tie with the bug tracker and is a
very useful tool for the developers. Using git to push to bugzilla, a
plugin will be created which will help users to make changes on bugzilla.
The user should be able to view the discussions, and post the patches
directly from Anjuta to bugzilla / other tracking services.
[About 1 week on the plugin, 1 week on integration + testing with bugzilla,
1 week on any additional goals / services to be included]

3. Start from online list of searchable projects using a plugin
The aim is to create a plugin that would allow users to fetch and search
through scores of projects / templates that has already been uploaded to
Anjuta webspace [work done in 1 can be extended to include projects as
well]. This would mean fetching details from Anjuta online DB and then
displaying it to users. On clicking the project, downloading the relevant
files and creating a new project based on the online one.

[2 weeks for the plugin + testing]

--
Sreepriya C
priyachalakkal.wordpress.com <http://www.priyachalakkal.wordpress.com>