[anjuta-devel] AVR GDB integration

Hi all,

I'm back from vacation, so coding starts again, and I want to start with the integration of avr-gdb, and the simulators. This is currently my idea on how to do it:

When you've created an AVR project, there's no 'debug platform' yet set. By debug platform I mean the simulator or AVaRICE. So when the user clicks 'Debug program' for the first time, it has to show a dialog where the user can select the debug platform, along with some configuration options. Here you can select the target device, which port number to listen for the gdb server and maybe more. Save the selection in session, so the next time the user clicks 'Debug program' it immediatly starts debugging.

Also add a menu 'AVR->debugger options' with shows the same dialog as described above, allowing the user to change the configuration.

When debugging starts, first the gdb server must be started, running simulavr or avarice, and then the gdb client has to be started, debugging remotely on the right port given in the configuration dialog. Breakpoint at the main function (debug->run option must be disabled because the AVR is always running when there's power), and use continue to start the program.

When debugging ends, also quit the GDB server.

Now a few questions:
- How to override the 'Debug program' command
- What is the best way to launch the GDB server (Probably using AnjutaLauncher?)
- Any suggestions/comments on the above?

Regards,
Lucas