Re: [anjuta-devel] Improvements in project manager

Hi Sébastien!

* Do you think it is useful to remove the difference between a group and
a target?
The implementation is very similar for both and it could be more
flexible. By example we could define several kinds of groups and use
them to represent autotools data targets.
On the other hand, currently groups include only groups and targets
while targets include only files. So there is a real difference and it
could be easier for the user to keep this difference. Moreover it
corresponds to a real difference in autotools project at least.

Hmm, the "group" concept is very intransparent for the user so probably
it would be easier to remove the difference if possible. But we still
need to be able to map every autotools project at least. I don't have a
strong opinion here as I cannot really see the consequences.

* When removing targets, groups or files only the project files are
changed. Do you think it's useful to remove the files or the directories
themselves?
Perhaps, we could add this option in the confirm dialog box.

Sounds like a useful option in the dialog like "Remove files that are
(only) part of this target". But we would need to check that the files
aren't references in other groups/targets

* I plan to write a special combo box for selecting targets. This combo
box could be used in the new class and new file dialog so you won't have
to display the project "add source" dialog. Moreover in this case, the
"add source" dialog could be replaced by a file chooser dialog as it
will be used only for existing files. Do you have other ideas?

That would be great!