Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi,

Le 09/09/2010 21:09, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
Then we can add properties for all arguments except GError one. The
issue with properties is that it slows the object creation significantly.
That's true. But I don't think it's really that bad.

Well, still comparing to C structure, GObject without properties is 2.5 slower and with 5 properties it's 3.5. The difference looks quite big, I suppose it's due to additional checks those could be disabled but I'm not sure it's done by default.

Anyway, this is not a fundamental change it will be easy to what is difference at the end.

What I had in mind is that every node should watch for both "external"
changes (e.g. using a file monitor) and child nodes and emit the signal.
This way the signal is propagated up to the root node.

It's the best theoretical situation but I think in practice it's a lots of signal for nothing.

But thinking again about it, having the signal only in the root node and
every changed node emitting the signal on the root node is not that bad.
The question is whether we want the possibility to watch for only a part
of the tree (e.g. watching a target for changes in C flags/package
dependencies changes). This should be possible either way : one can
always connect to the signal on the root not then filter unwanted nodes
by using some is_ancestor method.

Yes, I think it's more reasonable.

Ok, then it can stay as it is. The new method creates the object
(setting the parent as needed) and have a method for actually adding it
to the parent.

I'm completely satisfied with this but I think I need to try it to see how it fits in details.

In this case, having a different struct won't simplify things much, so
we should probably keep it this way for now.

I think so. I can be useful to distingue both type of property for the compiler using a typedef. But it's not very important at this point.

I will try to implement this so we can discuss about something more concrete. If you have new ideas, just present them, the interface is still in development.