Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi,

>> 3. Use GObject

Le 06/09/2010 08:39, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
Actually I would vote for GObject as it already gives us the stuff that
you would have to implement in the boxed type and it is very friendly to
introspection. I doubt that making the object layer 2.5 times slower will
lead to a noticeable performance bottleneck as there isn't much time spend
in the GObject code usually.
But I admit that it might be a some work to change things now to the new
interface.

Le 06/09/2010 19:07, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
> Well, I'd prefer using GObject if it isn't too much for you. The
> "slowness" isn't that bad, and the benefits are easier project
> backends
> (we could even try to implement backends for popular IDE formats).

Ok, I will try to reorganize the interface to use GObject for node to see how it can be done.

I'm not really annoyed by changing the current interface, I have already changed it several times and it's difficult to see how it works without writing quite some code. Then I'm agree that 2.5 times slower is not blocking. I'm more annoyed by the need to rewrite all GNode functions because I cannot use GNode anymore.