Re: [anjuta-devel] [Anjuta-devel] What about C++ STL container pretty printing

Hi Mathieu,

Le 03/07/2010 21:59, Mathieu Dupuy a écrit :
The things I was complaining about : on distros embedding gdb 7.0 python
  C++ pretty printing scripts (like Fedoras >= 10), -stack-list-locals 1
is sufficient to display correctly STL container, with all their content
displayed as well. It could save _a lot_ of time.

Well, I have already committed the change so it should work now.

BTW, things getting me cold about var-obj is that some parts still not
works, like -var-info-num-children. Annoying.

The gdb plugin doesn't use -var-info-num-children, so I don't see the issue.

Nevertheless, I remain totally subordinate to your choice, and varobjs
are maybe a more perennial way to display STL containers (despite the
fact it's, in my humble opinion, a significantly more important work).

I think that using varobjs needs less work as it's already supported. You can look at the committed changes, it's not that much. Most of the code is used to implement the new preferences dialog where you can select which python pretty printer files are used.

Then, it still needs some improvements to limit the number of children requested. And currently all variable objects are deleted and created on each step which slow down the process.