Re: [anjuta-devel] [Fwd: Packaging and deployment using GNOME tools]

Hi,

Le 18/12/2010 18:25, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
A couple of ideas that were discussed were integrating the OpenSuSE
build service into Anjuta somehow, or using Ubuntu's Quickly templates
as an Anjuta project type. Well, I asked about this on the ubuntu-devel
list [1] and people seemed broadly supportive of integrating a packaging
workflow into GNOME tools. Quickly looks like it could be adapted for
use in other programming languages (it's all Python at the moment) and
other distros without too much hassle, for example [2], and another
project (pkgme) [3] came to light which might be able to do the same
thing in a more general way.

Is anyone interested in working on this? It could make GNOME development
*much* easier for newcomers.

I'm currently too busy, working on the new project-manager to really work on this. But if it needs some changes in the project-manager, I'm interested to see what is needed.

I have looked at one video on Quickly. It is doing almost the same thing than Anjuta using the command line. The package creation is only a part of its possibilities. By the way Anjuta, can already create package quite easily using Build->Build tarball menu item. It doesn't make a binary, but a source tarball is still the most standard way of distributing something on Linux.

It's possible to make an Anjuta plugin around Quickly but it doesn't match the way the functions are split in Anjuta. The project wizard plugin is creating a new project, the build plugin is building it, the run plugin can run it, the debugger plugin is used to debug it but all this is done by Quickly. As all plugins can communicate it's possible to write a Quickly plugin that will manage all this but it's difficult.

Else, I have looked at the OpenSuse build service web page but not long enough to see how it could help here.

Then, a simple solution is just to add a rpm or deb target to the template makefiles and propose a menu item for this in the build menu. But I'm not sure it's possible to make something working on any distribution as there is no real standard here.