Re: [anjuta-devel] Install Anjuta 2.20 on Ubuntu 7.04

Hello Terry,

Le 31/07/2010 19:59, Terry Talim a écrit :
I'd like to install Anjuta 2.20 on my Ubuntu 7.04 system. How can I do
it? In the "Install and Remove Applications" it was not possible to find it.

I don't know exactly how to do it on Ubuntu. We don't provide binary for Anjuta, so you have to search if someone else have created such package. There are often official and non official repositories on most distribution, Anjuta package is perhaps available in such additional repositories. I think it's called universe on Ubuntu on the distribution I'm using, it's called contrib.

Else, we provide source packages, so you can download one of them and recompile Anjuta from sources. It's not very difficult, you should have to run "./configure && make" and then as root "make install". The issue is that you need to install first, gcc C compiler and all development packages for all libraries. If a library is missing you will get an error when running configure, then you will have to find and install the corresponding library. Typically it's named _library_name-devel.

A third solution is to install a more recent version of Ubuntu. I'm almost sure that it's available and Anjuta has improved quite a lots since the version 2.20.

PS: anjuta-devel-list is for discussion about Anjuta development. For asking help about using Anjuta, you should use anjuta-list.