quick developer survey

Hello,

I am trying to collect some demographic data on software open source software developers for a master's thesis I am writing. I don't want to bombard the working listservs; it seems disrespectful, and I thought the academia-list would be a good place to start.

The survey is short (14 questions), should take less than 3 minutes, and will contribute to academic research on user-producer dynamics in socioeconomically disadvantaged communities. It can be done online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=S51WZhhC6D6OJi_2fi00cTTA_3d_3d

Can you be of any help in forwarding this survey to some of your team? Or, if you have any thoughts or advice on where I should send this, that would be great. Any responses would be appreciated! And of course one lucky participant will win a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

stephanie lim
sfl2108 columbia edu