How to change all gnome desktop icon sizes to *same* size

Hi all,
 Is there a way that I can set icons on my Ubuntu Gnome desktop to the *same* size. Right now, a pdf-file icon is much larger than a txt-file icon on the desktop.

I know there are two ways:

(1) Right click on the icon and click on ‘Strech icon’ to change the size. This is OK. But I don't want to do this *manually* again and again everytime I created a new pdf file. I hope there is an setting that *automatically* do it for me.

(2) Type "nautilus" in a terminal > edit > Prefrences, under "Icon View Defaults" and "List View Defaults" change the zoom level to 75% or whatever.
     The problem is: sizes of a pdf-file icon and a txt-file icon are both shrinked.  But I just want to shrink the pdf-file icon while keeping the size of a text-file icon unchanged!

PS: After pdf files and text files are deleted, I look at the 'Trash' bin, the pdf-file icons and text-file icons have more or less the same size!!!!!
This is exactly what I want, make sizes of different kind of icons the same!
Is there is way to copy the part about icon settings of 'Trash' to 'Desktop' ?????

Thanks.

Sincerely,
     Z. Jiang.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.