Re: Teaching GNOME to students

Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Free Software is full of good code indeed.  Some of projects put
> creating good code in very high priority, and I'm honored to be
> co-maintaining one such module in the GNOME environment.   It's the
> cairo graphics library and I highly recommend using cairo as a real-life
> example when you are covering GNOME.
>
>   http://cairographics.org/

Indeed, this is a relevant module to be part of our course.

Actually, we're running into a small problem with this course right now.
Because this course doesn't scale... more students we get more work we
have. Mainly, we spend time on selecting interesting bugs, interesting
features to implement.

My guess is that we should send a mail on the gnome-desktop-devel
mailing-list calling for some 'interesting' bugs (and later on,
features) to present to students as projects.

But, do you think it would be too much work for the GNOME community or
would it be ok ? My hope is that each maintainer will spend less time
browsing his buglist looking for interesting bugs than us having to
figure out everything... So comes the call-for-bugs and
call-for-features on the gnome-desktop-devel.

What do you think ?

> Totally irrelevant but can't help thinking about The Tao of Programming:
>
>   http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/tao-of-programming.html

Maybe irrelevant, but funny and sometimes inspiring. ;)

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

It's entirely untested, but it looks good and compiles. Ship it!
  -- Linus Torvalds