[xslt] Empty element rendering

If I write a XSL stylesheet that performs an identity transformation (changes nothing, just copies input to output) and apply it (using libxslt) to a XML document that contains elements of the form:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../lib/MochiKit/MochiKit.js"></script>

will the output document contain this exact form, or will it become:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../lib/MochiKit/MochiKit.js" />

As you can guess, I have a similar situation to this, and I'

Thanks,
Rush