Re: [xml] Xml Question

Your answer is spot on.  I don't know if he has markup and CDATA or if his files are large.  If none of those
are true, cheap is good :-)  If it is a gig file with CDATA and markup, cheap would be bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liam R E Quin [mailto:liam holoweb net]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2019 2:24 PM
To: Eric Eberhard <flash vicsmba com>; 'Ashjan Alsulaimani' <alsulaia tcd ie>; xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Xml Question

On Fri, 2019-07-05 at 12:18 -0700, Eric Eberhard wrote:
Dear Ashjan,

If it was me I'd do it the cheap way and not use the parser.

Make sure to handle markup in comments and CDATA sections properly,and to process external files included
with XInclude or by entities defined in the DTD.

Working with XML at the text level can be reasonably safe if you know the input files well, and yes, i
sometimes do it too, but cheap isn't the same as good :)

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/

Upcoming course:   CSS for XML People, Rockville MD, August 2019
                   See https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/