Re: [xml] xmlOutputBufferCreateFile VS2015 I/O error : Bad file descriptor

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer aevum de> wrote:
On 16/04/2016 22:41, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
for reference I compile libxml this way:
cscript.exe configure.js iconv=no ftp=no http=no compiler=msvc cruntime=/MT
  debug=yes  prefix="build_debug_static_mt" static=yes

When compiling a DLL, /MD should be used instead of /MT. Simply remove "cruntime=/MT" and "static=yes".

Thank you very much, I did not know, it works now.

I used the following (debug):
cscript.exe configure.js iconv=no ftp=no http=no legacy=no compiler=msvc cruntime=/MDd debug=yes prefix="build_debug_MDd" static=no

I would like to make another dll, my own dll, using libxml, would you recommend to link statically or dynamically?
(knowing that the end program could use also libxml apart of my dll)

additionally I removed iconv (iconv=no), do you confirm that reading UTF-8 and
UTF-16 will still work?

Yes, the UTF encodings work without iconv.

Excellent thank you for the confirmation.

Nick

Best regards,
Sylvain