Re: [xml] runtest mystery bug: name2.xml error case regression test

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

I went back and applied this to the current git head, and it doesn't reproduce anymore. So maybe it was fixed since then, as a result I pulled 2.8.0, applied your patch, and nope that doesn't reproduce for me either :-\

 Do you still see the issue with the current git head ?

Yes, I'm afraid  >_<

I'm a little perplexed by this, because I can't get the hacked-down runtest to succeed (short of running it in Valgrind). "./configure && make && make check" on an x86 Linux system (with the patched runtest.c) is enough to get a failure---I can't see how it's not happening for you.

Could you try it in an out-of-source build? I noticed that this seemed to affect runtest's behavior before patching.

Failing that, may I ask what system environment you're using to test? At this point, I'm willing to set up a virtual machine to get the reproducibility of this issue nailed down.

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || danielg teragram com || Software Developer
Teragram Linguistic Technologies (a division of SAS)