Re: [xml] [patch] Fix -Wempty-body warning

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 09:34:30AM -0800, Nico Weber wrote:
Hi,

clang recently grew a warning on `for (...);`. The attached patch
fixes all two instances of this pattern in libxml. The changes don't
change any functionality.

I put the ';' on the next line because that's what similar code in
uri.c already does, but just inserting a front of it gets rid of the
warning as well if you prefer that.

 That's really weird. I though clang was parsing the C code,
building a internal representation of the instructions and
working from this. Adding a new line there should not change
the expression graph and not change the output, so I'm starting
to get worried about clang now :-)

Yes, it's a somewhat whacky heuristic. I think the idea is to find stuff like:

  while (...);
  {
  }

The warning was discussed here