[xml] Link warnings .... that may be causing my COM component to not load

Hello,

I was wondering if I could bouce an idea off you. I have an old legacy system with a COM component that we are trying to do some work on (pay back some technical debt). The component uses xerces already but seeing as libxml2 is much more robust I decided to use it in the newer sections of the component. When I included libxml2 in the build, I get the link warnings below ..

1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfc80ud.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfcs80ud.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

With libxml2 included in the com component it fails to load (even after regristration). I've checked the manifest files for the component and libxml2 is present. I'm wondering if it's this link warning thats causing my problem? Should I try to rebuild libxml2 with the settings below?

The build settings for my app are MD(d) so we are linking dynamically with MSVCRT.dll.  It is unfortunately using bits from the MFC also. And here's a list of the preprocessor flags:

WINDOWS
_USRDLL
WIN32
_DEBUG
_LIB
NOMINMAX
_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK
D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
_SECURE_SCL=1
BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB
_AFXDLL
_MBCS

We are working with VC2005 so Version 8 of the compiler I believe.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

John

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H  for additional disclosures.