Re: [xml] BUG at compiling time related with gzopen64

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 03:20:46PM +0100, Ricardo Vilhena wrote:
 So i'm running RH5 and I'm trying to install libxml2. I've
downloaded the source files and, as said in the INSTALL file, I run
./configure
and then make.
Make fails with this error: ./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference
to `gzopen64'

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

  No, xmlsoft.org is a RHEL-5 system, and libxml2 from git configures
and compiles just fine there.

xmlsoft:~/libxml2 -> nm /usr/lib/libz.a | grep gzopen64
xmlsoft:~/libxml2 -> grep gzopen64 /usr/include/zlib.h
xmlsoft:~/libxml2 -> rpm -Vp /usr/lib/libz.a /usr/include/zlib.h
xmlsoft:~/libxml2 ->

 I would guess you have some random zlib.h laying around exposing
gzopen64 and that the system library don't support.

 In general not maintaining your system with rpm generate this kind
of random problems, and nobody will be able to be sure of what's
going on.

Daniel