Re: [xml] problems with zlib 1.2.5?

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 03:36:14AM +0000, higuita wrote:
      i even tried to compile without optimizations on both libs, but
same result. could this be a compiler (gcc 4.5.1) or a glibc bug (2.12.1)?

There are many things it could be theoretically.

The main question is:
Why does it fail for you, but not for thousands other users?

Something on your system is "different", and I wouldn't be surprised if
it turns out to be something like a stale header or library under
/usr/local .

      if i have time during the next few days, i will try to test
a clean slackware64 install to check if its something bad with my
install.

That sounds like a good thing to try.

      I'm also open to any other ideas and any test you may want.

thanks for the help.
higuita

cu
Adrian