Re: [xml] Build failure on Sparc solaris using gcc and binutils

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 02:01:30AM +0200, Roumen Petrov wrote:
[...]
So I just finish rebuild of libxml2, libxslt, and xmlsec
(linux+mingw-cross).

  okay thanks for the quick answer :-)

  Hum, that's an old thread but I think still relevant.
I tried to update some of the configure and auto* files, with
the idea that due to the coming new zlib release, a new release would
be needed this week.
I'm not sure how much we need to change for libtool, right now in my git
checkout I see in 'libtool':

# Which release of libtool.m4 was used?
macro_version=2.2.6b

Ok my is 2.2.6 FSF, i.e. without patches.

  well that should not change much,

macro_revision=1.3017

so somehow it seems we upgrated but maybe some of the steps you outlined
need to be put in place.

For the solaris  I need to check the mail-thread again and to
remember how to implement.
Quick check in build tree show:
$ grep gnu_ld *
config.log:lt_cv_prog_gnu_ld=yes
config.status:with_gnu_ld='yes'

  Hum in the case of gcc based tools a colleague pointed out one can use
the output of `gcc --print-prog-name=ld` to know what linker program is
used under the hood, either ld in which case it's the one in the path or
a full path would be provided. Not sure if that's really useful for the
Solaris issue though.

I don't check with win32 myself be it native or
mingw so maybe you can have a look, and possibly provide an additional patch
if you find problems,

For mingw build to repository version is applied attached patch
mingw-20100310.patch :
- include/libxml/xmlexports.h (fatal)
  to restore export decoration otherwise xsltproc and xmlsec crash
  credits to ? (another thread)

- libxml.h (important)
  idea is to define LIBXML_STATIC for static build
  credits to ? (another thread)

- config.h.in (FYI)
  may be beacuse source is bootstrapped with autoconf 2.65

  Actually this one gets overwritten each time autogen is run so
I didn't pushed it, to some xtend being a generated file maybe this
file should not be in git after all, but not a big deal ATM :-)

- configure.in (feature request)
  this patch will enable module support for mingw* builds

- Makefile.am (feature request)
  Flags for testdso (if module support is enabled)

  Okay, applied.
Note that I changed autogen.sh to use directly the autoreconf tool
instead of manually doing the calls to the various auto tools. Oh and
I added the necessary stuff to have m4 files in the m4 subdir as most
projects do. The only annoyance is that I now get quite a few warning at
autogen.sh time which I'm not sure to fully understand :-)

Daniel