Re: [xml] New user - UTF-16 issue

Having a BOM for UTF-16 for Little Endian is required, it can be
present for Big Endian, an if there is no BoM present Big Endian is
assumed.  That is what The Unicode Consortium has to say about it
anyway. If there is no BOM there are other suggestions made by the xml
spec to determine various encodings indicating UTF-16, UTF-32, and one
or two others when there is no BoM.

In any case, as long as the resource is treated as a binary resource
when storing and retrieving it there should be no issue in VS. if the
XML is compliant because libxml2 takes care all of that transcoding
for you.  If you are asking if the editor handles UTF-16LE, yes it
does.