Re: [xml] Help on building libxml2 on Win32 - runtest.exe tests fail

Xiangrong schrieb am 15.07.2010 um 17:03 (+0800):

There were 10 remaining errors and they all had to do with
ebcdic_566012.xml located in:
C:\DEVEL\libxml2-2.7.6\test\ebcdic_566012.xml

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on these
remaining errors and how corrections can be made.

Sorry, can't provide more clues, but I wouldn't expect EBCDIC
to work on all platforms. It's used on IBM mainframe systems and
similar creatures, which I don't know anything about.

  EBCDIC descended from the code used with punched cards and the
  corresponding six bit binary-coded decimal code used with most
  of IBM's computer peripherals of the late 1950s and early 1960s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Binary_Coded_Decimal_Interchange_Code

In other words, I wouldn't worry. ;-)
--
Michael Ludwig