Re: [xml] memory tag error occurs

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:01:25AM -0400, ecforu wrote:
I keep getting the same errors (see below) when I run my c program using
libxml2-2.7.3.

  means 1/ you're using a libxml2 library build with memory debugging
  2/ you're doing allocation errors in your program

xmlMallocBreakpoint reached on block 0
Memory tag error occurs :0x35988
     bye
xmlMemFree(359A0) error
xmlMallocBreakpoint reached on block 0

  run your program under gdb and put a breakpoint in xmlMallocBreakpoint
to stop the programe at the time teh error is made and debug.

  Note that compiling with memory debug means that you will see such an
error if you allocate with malloc and try to xmlFree() the result or
try to free() memory allocated by libxml2 (instead of using xmlFree)
which usually work but not under memory debug which is specifically
designed to catch libxml2 memeory usage errors.

Daniel