[xml] storing/printing subtree

Hi there,

I'm stuck with a problem for a couple of days now and hope to find help here.
Parsing a xml document I'm in need of storing some of the subtrees inside of it.

which looks good but unfortunately I wasn't able to solve my problem using it. Also couldn't find any deeper docu or working example on the web. Here's what I was trying:

xmlBuffer *buf = xmlBufferCreate();
xmlSaveCtxt *subtree = xmlSaveToBuffer(buf,NULL,XML_SAVE_FORMAT);
int opResult = xmlSaveTree(subtree, cur);

I'm looking for something like  xmlDumpDocFormatMemory()  only for a subtree starting at cur instead of the whole document.
Any help highly welcome.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
marius