Re: [xml] libxml header files for powerpc

Jerry Wang wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how I obtain just the libxml header files for powerpc? I am attempting to cross-compile for linux powerpc with linux pc, and am getting an error "powerpc-linux-gnuspe/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml2". I suspect it's due to not having the header files for the correct platform.

Thanks,
Jerry

The error says the linker is unable to find the libxml2 library. Why do you think a missing library has anything to do with missing headers? Header files are not normally architecture specific. If the problem were missing header files you wouldn't even get to the link step. I suspect you haven't installed (or built) the libxml2 library for powerpc *and* pointed the cross-compilation tools to it.
--
John Dennis <jdennis redhat com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/