Re: [xml] libxml and thread

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:36:59AM +0200, BDM wrote:
Hello,
I am running a Debian x86_64 box with 2.6.30 kernel and gcc (Debian
4.3.3-11) 4.3.3
Since 6 months (approximately) I can not run my code which create a
thread and use libxml within this thread. Yesterday, I retrieve the last
source version of libxml2 to try the test suite. And the testThread
coredump.
I have compiled the lib with ./configure --with-mem-debug
--with-run-debug && make
and ran testThread against valgrind but I can't get nothing more than
"segmentation fault" ! No stacktrace, nothing ...

1- do you already know this coredump problem ?

 No

2- can you explain me why there is nothing in the valgrind output (the
latter one works well with my other pieces of software) ?

 All this works for me (Fedora/RHEL i686 and x86_64).
Configure with --disable-shared is you don't want to valgrind the launching
shell script created by libtool !
 You probably don't want --with-mem-debug if you're using valgrind too !

Daniel