Re: [xml] quite huge memory consumption

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM, <piotreks optonline net> wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but I would assume you want to
shorten the document for future xpath evaluation.
I personally would not do it this way because sDoc is the only pointer you
have to memory allocated at xmlParseFile(). Once you 'shorten' the document,
you effectively loose track of all memory that's not part of sNode's
subtree. Maybe you could try getting the document fragment starting at sNode
and make that the root of a _new_ document.

Thanks.
I think that is a possibility. I never had to use setRoot..  myself to
parse xml document. So I'll just rewrite that part , and hopefully the
leak will disappear.

thanks guys.

--
GJ