Re: [xml] XQuery

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 09:13:26AM -0700, Micah Dubinko wrote:

Daniel Veillard wrote:
Does libxml2 have APIs for XQuery?

no, out of scope IMHO.

Out of curiosity, do you consider XQuery out of scope because of limited
resources, or do you have deeper reservations? XQuery seems to me like
it would be a great fit for libxml2.

  Hi Micah,

good question, I should have givem more details.
Independantly of the limited resources which are a very real problem too,
XQuery doesn't make that much sense when playing with a single document,
my feeling is that it's more fit for a set/database of documents,
i.e. libxml2 might be used to implement an XQuery engine on top of
some database but just for within libxml2 it's not worth it.

  but I may be wrong about it, I could ask Jonathan if needed :-)

Daniel