Re: [xml] problem using xmlTextReaderName ?

On Nov 2, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Francesco Gennai wrote:

I'm new to XML and LIBXML.
LIBXML 2.6-4 in OpenVMS environment.
I'm doing some simple tests, but I have a strange problem.

I get the error:

I/O error : No such file or directory

This sounds vaguely familiar, though of course a lot of different things could have similar symptoms. I think when this happened to me it was looking for a catalog file in /usr/local or some such place that naturally doesn't exist on VMS. There are most likely various build-time and/or run-time configuration options that would let you either avoid looking for a catalog file or make sure it finds one in an appropriate place, but I don't remember those off the top of my head.

If you have a privileged account and want to know for sure what file it can't find, do:

$ set watch file/class=major
$ run <your program>
$ set watch file/class=none

Craig A. Berry