[xml] Schema Validation

Hey everyone, it's me again. I've started working on another aspect of
my project, giving my mind a rest from the XPath issues, and I'm
trying to implement a simple XML validator. I don't have any DTDs
available to me, but I do have an XML schema file to test against. I
understand that schema support is still being worked on- is it worth
using at this point? As there are examples like those in testSchema.c
and xmllint.c, I figured it was worth a try to implement it. Anyway, I
keep getting errors during the validation such as : I/O warning :
failed to load external entity "http://odrl.net/1.1/ODRL-EX-11.xsd";
roap_schema.xsd:16: element import: Schemas parser warning : Element
'{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}import': Failed to locate a schema
at location 'http://odrl.net/1.1/ODRL-EX-11.xsd'. Skipping the import.
I know that external link works and I have validated the ROAP XSD
online; I'm pretty positive it's good. I thought my code was buggy, so
I tried it against testSchemas, but the same sort of error happens:
I/O errors while importing new schemas. This has led me to believe
that something is a little off with HTTP in my build of libxml, but I
have no idea what's actually wrong with it, much less what to do about
it. My next step will be to build libxml on my Mac at home and test
these same files, try the latest SVN, etc. If anyone has any ideas
about what's wrong, how to test the build further, etc., I'd be much
obliged. Finally, could this be in anyway related to the XPath issue I
posted earlier?

xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20632
   compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer
SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
XInclude Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas Schematron Modules
Debug

Many thanks,
Michael