[xml] Closing end tags

Title: Closing end tags
Hi,

Is there a flag to tell libxml to print out  start and end tags  for empty elements instead of   a single  start/end tag?

 When I write out my HTML document it is  printing

Instead of

Its causing me a problem  when there is badly formed HTML that has an extra end tag. Safari and FireFox  both show correctly when they see this badly formed html

But they don’t work correctly when they see the same badly formed html, but with a single start/end tag.