[xml] Streaming XPATH and xmlPatternCompile

Hi,

We are looking for a way to process XPATH expressions on very large xml documents. Because of the size of the documents, we like to use stream processing ? something along the lines of XPathReader from MS. Searching the archive, we found we could possibly use xmlPatternCompile along with xmlTextReader* APIs to do the same. We are getting compilation errors on several XPATH expressions when we do this.

Are there limitations to XPATH expressions supported by xmlPatternCompile ? If so, what are those? Can it support author[first-name = "Bob"] and degree[ from != "Harvard"] kind of conditional expressions ?

Thanks,
SK