Re: [xml] xpath and element names

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: 23 November, 2007 4:42 PM
To: Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] xpath and element names

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 01:05:20PM -0500, Kralidis,Tom
[Burlington] wrote:

Hi,

I'm using libxml2 Version: 2.6.29 on fc7, with the xpath
functionality, to parse an XML document.
[...]
Line 83 shows an attempt to fetch the name of the root element, but
I'm not getting any results.  What's the approach to
fetching the name
of an element in libxml2's xpath support?

  in XPath it's name() / local-name() see the spec, of course
it's the same in libxml2 !

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-name

For XPath querying example:
    http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html#XPath

Hi,

I'm still unable to figure this one out.  I've posted a test case (code
at: http://www.pastebin.ca/800703, xml file at:
http://www.pastebin.ca/800704), where I've tried local-name(/*) to fetch
the root element name, but no luck.

Any suggestions or advice are appreciated.

Thanks

..Tom