Re: [xml] libxml2 Solaris issue

Thanks for looking at it.

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:33:02PM +0100, Petr Sumbera wrote:

  Looks completely the wrong place to do this kind of changes.
You just can't hack every single entry point in the library which
may take a filename. What you need to understand and check is why //foo/bar isn't recognized as a legal filename, as far as I can

It's little bit different problem. //foo/bar is recognized as file. Problem is that path to DTD file which is stated in //foo/bar XML file (e.g. /foo2/dtd) is wrongly processed to //foo/foo2/dtd.

xmlNoNetExists() receives already wrong path (//foo/foo2/dtd).

Any idea?

Petr

tell xmlLoadExternalEntity() uses xmlNoNetExists() to see if the
resource is availble as a file, which uses xmlCheckFilename() that one
should just work, and in that case xmlCanonicPath() may need to be fixed
to solve your problem.

  But as-is the patch makes very little sense to me,

Daniel