Re: [xml] Program crashes at LIBXML_TEST_VERSION

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:28:16PM +0500, Ahmad Jalil Qarshi wrote:
Please note that I am using libxml version 2.6.23 downloaded from GNOME
website (http://gnome.bullfreeware.com/new_index.html). Operating system is
AIX 5.2

  that's not GNOME website, it's a recompilation made by Bull.
I do not provide binaries for AIX, others are using libxml2 on AIX.

Also note that I have developed a simple test application and its working
fine. No crash at LIBXML_TEST_VERSION macro.

This problem was observed while using libxml in a dll only.
[...]

Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 ($t1)
warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core
(dbx) where
warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
.() at 0x0

  For some reason execution jumped to address 0. This could be a
linker problem. This looks specific to the package you installed and
your platform, I suggest checking with the technical support, I
doubt it's related to libxml2 itself.

Daniel