Re: [xml] how to read and parse an xml from socket?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 05:57:27PM -0800, Steve Yan wrote:
Hi,

This may be a question asked by people before, but I could not find answer
from google.

  Bad excuse:
    http://xmlsoft.org/docs.html

I am trying to read out and parse XML from a socket, which API should I
use? any sample code?

  There is multiple parsing APIs, tree, xmlReader or SAX, all of them can
consume from a file descriptor, and you can build your own I/O handlers too.

   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlReadFd
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlReadIO
and
   http://xmlsoft.org/xmlio.html

Daniel

P.S.: posting a completely unrelated message by replying to an existing
      mail and changing the subject if fine if you understand you also
      need to remove the In-Reply-To: and References: headers, otherwise
      you just break mail threading of people using decent email clients...
      Please don't do that !