[xml] xpointer xmlns() scheme?

I'm a big fan of XInclude, and I use xmllint and xsltproc extensively because they support the xpointer() scheme of XInclude. I recently tried to process some DocBook5 documents which are in the docbook namespace, and I'm not having much luck. It seems the xmlns() scheme must be specified as part of the xpointer attribute for the include element, but it doesn't seem to work in libxml2.

<xi:include href="booktest5.xml"
xpointer="xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook) xpointer(//db:dedication)"
 xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

Am I doing something wrong, or is xmlns() not supported with the xpointer scheme?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs sagehill net