Re: [xml] xmlReadFile question...

On 10/10/06, Ricky Marek <ricky marek conexant com> wrote:
Hello,

My code uses the xmlReadFile function. (using version 2.6.26) for
reading a configuration, which works fine for WindowsXP.

Now, I need to port the code to run under Linux, where the library
version is 2.5.10, a version that does not contain the xmlReadFile
function. :(

I can't install the new version due to some privileges issue therefore I
need to downgrade my code to use the 2.5.10 version.

Any hint on how can I replace the usage of xmlReadFile in my code?

May be xmlParseFile() will help if it exists in the 2.5.x...
But you will have less control over processing -- there no 'options'
and 'encoding' parameters.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew w nosenko gmail com>