Re: [xml] libxml2 size

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 04:37:21PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
Hi,

I've done a build of libxml2 with --with-minimal to see how small it can
go, and I've got a shared library of approx 300K.  Are there any other
magic options I can do to reduce this?

  Compile static, you gain a register and reduce size :-\
Otherwise, it get very hard to strip out more pieces out of libxml2
I spent like 10 days 1-2 years ago trying to shave out as much as
I could by making pieces optional, getting further you really get
on the edge of loosing correct behaviour (uri code or unicode tables).
Maybe some of the options taken to improve speed could have been
traded off for less size, but revisiting them would require duplication
of code or functionalities, and that's a bit too much to pay. But maybe
I missed something, if that's the case, I take patches :-)

Daniel