Re: [xml] lazy libxml

Frans Englich <frans englich telia com> writes:

I think Daniel nicely outlined the various problems exposed in your idea. I
would like to add that you should look into XPath 2.0/XSL-T 2.0/XQuery 1.0
(not supported by libxml2), which has builtin support for types like
xs:base64.

I particularly want to use libxml2.

I don't think there is any problem with using a binary encoding
indicator.

Daniel is right of course, that until xml:binary is speced it's usage
might be cavalier (I always liked the hats).

One doesn't have to use xml:binary of course. Simply register a
namespace:

   <element bin:binary="base64">
      .
      .