Re: [xml] support for xml schema in libxml2

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 06:35:24AM +0200, Manfred Rahmig wrote:
This is libxml2-2.6.22.win32 (and the matching additional libs).

  Latest version is 2.6.26, you are using a version from Sep 12 2005
i.e. nearly a year ago. So complaints about missing features of XSD
are really not appropriate, use the latest version *first*.

[...]
statements below are wrong, I would like you to give me a reply.

With respect to xmllint:

(1) xmllint supports schema validation, but it may have problems.
    --> Importing the x3d extensions of www.web3d.org via "x3d-3.0.xsd"
        it seems that
        xmllint does a validation for this schema but afterwards
        the xml file will always be ignored

  What does this mean ?
    "Importing the x3d extensions"
    "the xml file will always be ignored"

  I can't tell from your description what you did, nor what happened,
nor nor what you expecte a reply about.

(2) the xs:ID type seems not to be checked, multiple occurences of the
    same xs:ID are not indicated

  Probably not implemented in 2.6.22,

With respect to the programming interface (I know that the interface is
incomplete as stated within the documentation):

(1) Here we have the same behaviour as xmllint.
(2) The xmlTextReader is a suitable interface for me, but it does not
    support schema files.

  it does support them otherwise you would have no interface.

    --> For example default attributes will not be inserted
    --> Fixed attributes will not be set

  It's a concious default handling. PSVI is not part of the original document
and libxml2 is an editing toolkit initially. Now to be constructive one
could suggest an API extention to do that extension on a case by case basis.

Daniel