Re: [xml] problem with gzip decoding in nanohttp

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 05:32:01PM +0100, Liron wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I accidently sent this to your private email, sorry for that.
So here's a repost to the group:

Explain please, what 'so many functions' ?
Removing publicly availble function is not possible for API and ABI
compatibility, but code cleanup may make sense.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correcly, I was obviously talking about
code cleanup.

it's the only function which read the HTTP payload as far as I understand
!

xmlNanoHTTPRecv is the only function that reads from a socket but some of
the functions that uses it are: xmlNanoHTTPReadLine,xmlNanoHTTPRead,
xmlNanoHTTPFetchContent and more. Like I said, only xmlNanoHTTPRead actually
decompresses the bytes. Obviously not every byte that is read from the
network needs inflation (such as headers) but those that do, need to be
handled the same way,  in my opinion.

  I still don't understand your problem w.r.t. the code.
All those function do different things as their doc explains, some read
at the low level, some are line read public API, some are block read API
and the last one read and save to a file. The functions are different
because they implement different interface, to me that's fine, they
are actually layered.
  So explain the bug(s), explain why you think there is duplication,
I can't see anything obvious even in the light of your last message.
And if it's only 'cleanup' sometimes the 'don't fix it if it ain't
broken' approach to maintainance is just fine, but I'm listening.

Daniel