Re: [xml] xmlTextWriterWriteFormatElement problem

William M. Brack wrote:

I looked into the code, and *think* I have found what's causing the problem. It concerns variable-length arguments and va_xxx routines (specifically, line
4385 of the current CVS).  I also *think* I have a fix for it (which involves
va_copy), but (most unfortunately) it's not too simple, because va_copy may
not be present on all systems, so changes to the configure script may be
necessary.

I think you are right. Let me see if I follow your analysis:

When 8192 (BUFSIZ) or more characters are needed, vsnprintf() will be
called more than once. The first call to vsnprintf() may tamper the
va_list on 64 bit platforms, causing subsequent calls to fail.

We have had this problem before:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2001-May/msg00143.html