[xml] snprintf problems compiling on DEC Alpha OSF4 & Solaris sparc 5.5.1

I'm trying to compile libxml2 on a couple different problems, and have hit into a snag.

On "make", I get the following:

----------------
gcc -g -O2 -pedantic -W -Wformat -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls -o .libs/testapi testapi.o ./.libs/libxml2.so -ldl -lpthread -lm -lsocket -lnsl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
testapi.o: In function `get_api_attr':
/usr2/build/libxml2-2.6.20/testapi.c:108: undefined reference to `snprintf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [testapi] Error 1

There's also a complaint about "undeclared identifier 'snpritnf' a ways above it.

I know that DEC Alpha has the snprintf/trio issue, and ./configure properly detects that snprintf isn't there. I'm not sure why testapi isn't using the trio function.

I poked around a little but couldn't make too much heads or tails of things. Anyone have an idea?

Jason