[xml] Adding pre-defined namespaces

Are there any ways when using an xml SAX2 push parser, to push a couple "predefined" namespaces on the namespace lookup stack before beginning the parse?

For example, some SVGs incorrectly use the xlink prefix w/o first defining it.  We would (unfortunately) like to support those SVGs.  Another example is when parsing document fragments for things such as setInnerHTML in an xhtml context...  There we need to build up a "namespace stack" representing the current document context before doing the actual parse.

Thanks for your time.

-eric

Eric Seidel

eseidel apple com